Quad chiptune audio generator
|Lifetime||08/13 to 10/16|
|Processor||ATXMega32A4U @ 32 MHz|
Original printed manual
3 Square/pulse generators
- Aliasing-free digital synthesis, based on a 4 MHz digital timer.
- 5 preset duty cycles settings, from 50% to 95%, or CV-controlled PWM.
1 Noise and triangle generator
- 48kHz, 12-bit DAC without reconstruction filter for a raw sound.
- Triangle, bitcrushed sine, steppy NES triangle or various flavours of LSFR noise.
- Optional semitone quantizer on the pitch CV input.
- Per-channel mini step sequencer (8 steps) – perfect for creating rapid fire arpeggios. When the sequencer is active, the GATE input works instead as a CLOCK input.
- Input impedances: 100k.
- CV acquisition: 4kHz, 12-bit.
- Channel 1 to 3: 4MHz, 1-bit.
- Channel 4: 48kHz, 12-bit.
Revisions and variants
Hardware revision labelled "v2" with the following differences:
- 2x5 power connector (originally 2x8).
- Built-in 5V regulator.
- Thonkiconn jacks.
- Frequency potentiometers have no center detent.
- Milky, diffused LEDs (originally clear).
- An octal DAC (originally quad) allows the FM inputs to be acquired separately from the main V/O input, and processed in software. In particular, this allows its repurposing as a PWM input for channels 1-3.