|Lifetime||03/14 to 04/18|
|Processor||STM32F103CBT6 @ 72 MHz|
Original printed manual
Digital function generator
- 3 operating mode: single shot (attack/decay), sustained (attack/sustain/release), looping (VC-LFO/VCDO).
- 3 frequency ranges: low (20 minutes to 5 Hz), medium (0.05 Hz to 300 Hz), high (8 Hz to 10kHz).
- Freeze gate input to stop the oscillator and hold its output.
A large palette of waveforms
- Shape control with CV input – covering various combinations of linear, exponential, or sinusoidal segments.
- Slope/asymmetry (A/D time ratio) control with CV input.
- Smoothness control with CV input. From 0V to -5V, smoothes the waveform using a 2-pole digital filter, from 0V to +5V, adds bumps and kinks with a digital wavefolder.
- Output level CV input (digital VCA).
- Dual outputs: standard unipolar waveform, and "double-shot" waveform with a positive spike during the ascent and a negative spike during the descent. At audio rate, both of them have a different sound.
- Accurate V/Oct tracking with straightforward calibration procedure.
- Clock input to lock onto a multiple or fraction of a trigger sequence, or to generate harmonies directly from an audio signal (PLL mode).
- All inputs: 100k impedance.
- CV inputs: 12-bit, 1kHz for shape/slope/smoothness, 12-bit to 6kHz for FM, 12-bit 48kHz for amplitude.
- CV Outputs: 16-bit, 48kHz.
- Output levels: +/- 5V for the BI output, 0V to +8V for the other outputs.
Revisions and variants
An initial batch of 250 units was made by a dubious CM in the US, only a small fraction of which has been sold. The next batches were made in France at the end of 2014.
First batch made in France, labelled "v0.3":
- Green PCB (originally black).
Hardware revision labelled "v4" with the following differences:
- Thonkiconn jacks.