|Lifetime||06/16 to 09/20|
Original printed manual
The cornerstones of modular patches
VCAs are absolutely essential in a modular system, for example for:
- Shaping the amplitude or timbre of a tone with an envelope.
- Animating a mixture of several oscillators.
- Controlling the amount of filter modulation with a random source or a touch controller.
- Applying an envelope on the linear FM signal hitting an oscillator.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB), both in linear and in exponential mode.
- Large gains above +20dB (sufficient for amplifying line-level signals) achievable in exponential mode.
Revisions and variants
57 units made in 2020 had a defective V2164 IC which caused one or several channels to have an asymmetrical response: the positive or negative half of the waveform was processed with a different gain. These modules were sold at a discount, and are identified by a broken heart drawn on the box, and a turquoise knob on the affected channel(s).